Tuesday 15 May 2012

Looking through past work to find appropriate images for a re-work of my portfolio, I've discovered I have very few textile related pieces. Although I'm headed towards a technique based textile vortex (which is what this year is spiralling towards), fashion pieces are all I seem to have done in the past. And they are surprisingly missing a textural element. It's been a bit of a shock to realise that the past years have been spent focusing mainly on pieces and garments that I can't really utilise to their full potential when finding my place in the textile industry. Don't get me wrong, these pieces are full of my heart and soul through their creation, it just means that the coming weeks need to be spent developing a more heavily textile based portfolio. Fun times!


Here are a couple of fashion based images that live in my portfolio at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment